Not long now before Spring is here and in Europe we can start waterskiing again. But our lakes are still cold and the weather is not always good. That's why for me the best place to start the season is Florida: lots of sun and always warm water.
I usually stay in the Orlando / Clermont area, where there are lots of places to ski.
Here are ten that are really worth visiting.
1. Matt Rini Waterski School, Orlando www.mattrini.com
2. LaPoint Ski Park, Orlando www.facebook.com/lapointskipark
3. Thomas Degasperi, Windermere www.thomasdegasperi.com
4. Franck Desboyaux, Windermere www.floridaskischool.com
5. Jodi Fisher, Winter Garden jodisskiskool.com
6. Swiss Waterski Resort, Clermont www.swisswaterskiresort.com
7. Jack Travers, Groveland www.jacktravers.com
8. MC Skis Training Center, Groveland, www.mcskistrainingcenter.com
9. Champions Lake, Clermont. Contact Phil Hughes at email@example.com
10. Ski Fluid www.facebook.com/fluidski.andsports
It's amazing how many good waterski lakes there are in Florida! There are many, many more lakes to ski. These 10 are just the ones I know, where me or my husband have skied and that we recommend.
If you know another good place to ski in Florida, let us know and we will try to visit next time we are in Florida.